As the past weeks and months have unfolded, we are facing new challenges every day with the COVID-19 virus. Our first informational letter went out to residents and staff on March 12. Update letters have been sent regularly since that time. We continue to follow the recommendations from the CDC, CMS, IDPH and Leading Age. to maintain the health and safety of our residents and staff.
We know that the virus that causes COVID-19 is spreading very easily and sustainably between people and is highly contagious. Until there is treatment or a vaccine for COVID-19, mitigating the community spread of the disease is largely up to us. The best way to prevent the spread is to avoid being exposed.
What can we do?
- Wear a cloth face covering or mask at all times when you are with other people.
- Maintain a social distance of at least six feet between you and others whenever you leave your residence.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water isn’t available.
- Cover sneezes or coughs with a tissue or with your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces often.
Governor Reynolds has announced the re-opening of most services and has lifted many restrictions. However, because of the many vulnerable residents living at Northcrest, we will continue to be conservative in lifting the restrictions that we have in place.
Thank you for your continued commitment to do your part to crush the curve. The health and safety of our residents, staff and community is our top priority. We're in this together, and together we will survive and stay strong!
(This is not a comprehensive list, but just a few of the steps that Northcrest has taken to protect its residents and staff. Please call 515-232-3760 for the most up-to-date information.)
- Visitors and non-essential personnel are not allowed in the Health Center and Heartwood House, except in end of life situations. These visitors are first screened for fever and respiratory symptoms. All thermometers are sanitized after each use.
- All outings other than to medical appointments are suspended. Our Social Coordinator has been shopping for residents, as well as helping residents navigate online shopping.
- Residents are discouraged from leaving Northcrest's campus and are aware of CDC recommendations related to social distancing.
- If residents do leave Northcrest's campus for any reason, they are actively screened for fevers and symptoms of illness upon their return.
- The Dining Room is closed but we have been preparing takeout/delivery meals for residents with no delivery fees.
- Residents are required to wear a face mask anytime they leave their apartment.
- The Styling Salon is currently closed to residents in the Health Center and Heartwood House.
- We have updated and enhanced cleaning protocols.
- We continue to follow CDC guidelines for actively screening staff for fever and symptoms of illness at the beginning and end of each shift.
- All staff are required to wear a face mask.
- All outside contractors are required to wear a face mask and are actively screened, following CDC guidelines.
Links and Information:
Enjoy a Virtual Experience: